Friday, September 19, 2014

Rita Hayworth

So, I have a quick minute to share what I think is my best body feature to show off in my modest life. It is my FACE!!! That's right! Madonna sang, not sang, but SAAAANG it best in her song "Vogue" in 1990, when she mentioned many fashion icons in the song - she saaaang that "Rita Hayworth gave good face." I couldn't agree more! I used to sing those words over and over again with the song and I wondered what that meant as a budding teenager. Does that tell you my age? Ugh...yes! Oh well, age is beautiful because you are wiser (side note). How do you "give good face?" Well, let's take a look at this goddess, shall we!?...



Get the picture?!!! Daaaang! Isn't that sexy? I mean she is not showing one ounce of skin except for her exquisite face! 
Ok, let's break this down Ladies and Gents...

1. Her face is clean! 

2. Her hair is too... I'm just kidding. I don't know but it appears to be clean and well kept. She always pulls her hair away from her face. Trust me girls. 
I know this is cool...kinda....


But this is way better, don't you think?...


3. Her brows are clean. Back then, the thinner eyebrow was very in and it matches many people, but clean natural brows have been the Victoria's Secret, Anne Hathaway, Sofia Vergara, Salma Hayek trend going on for about a decade.
You can decide. I do prefer natural eyebrows.

4. Natural make-up. Ladies, I am a show performer and I have to pack the Barbie make-up on all the time, but TRUST ME... In the daytime, less is more. 

A. I love using a tinted moisturizer with SPF 20 or higher. I particularly love Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer! If you like more coverage, a nice foundation with sunscreen is great too. For those crazy pimples that are dark (I call them Stacys, yes I named my pimples Stacy), I use bare minerals to spot cover or I use my favorite pencil concealer from Shiseido. 

B. Tinted moisturizer is not enough to cover my designer mama eye bags, so I use a concealer over the moisturizer and blend blend blend. I use any kind concealer... cheap, expensive...they all work. Just get the right color! 1 or 2 shades lighter than your skin. And blend well with a concealer brush or fingertips. My favorite eye bag lifting secret is "Well Rested" by Bare Minerals. 

C. I don't think blush is always necessary but you can use powder or cream blush or believe it or not...lipstick!

D. Bronzer is optional as well but it does give a little definition and contouring. 

E. My love - Mascara, mascara, mascara! I am not a fan of falsies but I do use them for performances. Otherwise I love Loreal and Christian Dior Waterproof mascara! I just use a good quality curl lash because I have straight lashes. God blessed the girls with naturally curly lashes!

F. I like to use urban decay or maybelline eyeliner pencil for a little definition on the top lash and my waterline.

G. Lips - well, I don't have them Angelina lips but I have great lipliners so I just trace my lipline and give my lips some color with a lip stain or pink/rose lipstick, so I don't "look dead" (as my mama would say). For those of you who don't like lipstick, my cousin Ciress loves to use all kinds of lip balms to make her lips kissable and soft always. She has Angelina lips! Lucky girl!

5. Fashion - I love the covered shoulders and the deep V neckline and for some ladies like me, I don't have a long neck and this style gives the illusion of a longer neck. If the V is too deep you can add a tube top or tank. 

A. Accessory - I love the brooch pin in the Rita's second picture. It just adds so much with so little. For teens or young adults, a scarf or a piece of jewelry can make this look really modern and trendy!

What I truly love about Rita is that she has her chin up always, ready to face the world. Rita's energy and attitude is captivating. Her most effective weapon? Her smile. When I see someone smile... I mean, it's the most beautiful thing! Even if you don't have teeth. That one's for my one year old daughter!

So really, ladies...and gents! Do you really need to bare any body parts to be sexy, if you give good face? I think not! =)












No comments:

Post a Comment