Friday, January 2, 2015

"Bangarang" New Year!!!



bangarang : The ultimate in excellence. Better than cool, rad or awesome. Saved for very special occasions. Word first used in the movie "Hook".

Happy New Year lovelies! I hope you all had an amazing 2014 and wish you the most fulfilling 2015! 

As I woke to 2015, I suddenly had the urge and vision to have #bangs . I looked up a few looks and decided to go with the very popular fringe bangs. Or some call it "long bangs straight cut." I did a 20 minute research, and voilá! 

Now that my hair is back to dark(compliments of @beautybywinn), I absolutely love how this new do contrasts against my light Mocha skin. #Kayumangi

Thanks to google, youtube and pinterest, I was able to do it myself with fabulous salon results and saved me a lot of $$$! 


Here's the tutorial that helped me the most:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECkWlCUtJhs

Note: I bought a quality grade scissors from Longs/CVS. Unlike the instructor's super duper steel enhanced, X-men, fancy pantsy hair cutterer, mine did the job just fine.  



This look is inspired by my favorite feel good tv show, New Girl. Now when I look at my hair, I'll think of something hilarious on the show. Laughter heals the soul. 

Now this is what I call starting the New Year with a BANG! :-D

With aloha,
SS



p.s. Comment below if you feel inspired or feel free to tag me to your bangin' results IG: #looksexysleevesgirl

No comments:

Post a Comment